Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Nick and Norah by Amanda Lukas

*Takes a long breathe* I know that most of you who would visit this site just LOVE Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. Well... I don't. It's a refreshing book, really. The characters aren't trite and its honest to how the "other" teenage side, the ones who aren't the popular ones, speak and think. However, I find it still to be trite. When I read, I started to dislike both Norah and Nick. I wanted to grab Nick by shirt collar and scream, "SUCK IT UP ALREADY!! SHE DUMPED YOU, AND YOU ARE LUCKY!!! SHE IS A HUSSY! GET OVER HER!" And Norah.... well, she is all "Woe is me" but it a hip, non-whiny way. It's annoying. The writing is good. The writing is honest, but in its honesty, I find myself hating both Nick and Norah and their taste in music.

No comments: